This Struggle Can Be Real – Am I Right?
finding a thyroid Doctor who will listen to your symptoms, follow through will full labs, and be open to options can be really difficult. That is why I have taken some time to compile a list of resources for you. If you are on a quest to take your health into your own hands, want to know your options or you simple need to find a new Doctor that is willing to listen to your needs, you are sure to find what you need here.
Review your choices carefully. Not all doctors will run full thyroid labs or provide treatment options so be sure to ask questions and be informed on what the Doctors will provide for you and your health.
Resources to Find Helpful Thyroid Doctors
- Find an Endocrinologist/Thyroid Specialist Thyroid.org Thyroid Doctors
- Thyroid Change: Doctor list – Patient referred
- Izabella Wentz’s: Clinician Database
- The institute for Functional Medicine: Functional Medicine Practitioner Database
- Dr. Datis Kharrazian’s Thyroid Connections
- Thyroid Doctors Database
- Thyroid Info by Mary Shomon Thyroid Top Drs Database
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine: World Health Directory
- Re-Find Health Members of Re-Find Database
- ZRT Labs list of clinicians
- The International College of Integrative Medicine, ICIM Dr Member Search
- Stop the Thyroid Madness – How to Find a Good Doctor
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians: Doctor Directory
- Paleo Physicians Network Directory
- The American Holistic Medical Association: Providers
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association – Find a DO
- Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Directory
- The Center for Mind-Body Medicine: Patient Referrals
- Warrior Butterflies Patient Recommended Specialists
- RateMDs.com Find a Doctor
- Women In Balance, Health Care Provider Locator
List of Compounding Pharmacies:
What is a Compound Pharmacy? Pharmacy compounding is the art and science of preparing personalized medications for patients. Compounded medications are made based on a practitioners prescription in which individual ingredients are mixed together in the exact strength and dosage form required by the patient.
A Guide to finding a new Doctor
Step 1. Gather the name of the Doctors and options to consider.
Gather names from a multiple sources: you can use the above, friends, family and local and online thyroid groups. Know that each person is different and your needs may not be the same needs as another. Keep this in mind during your search!
Step 2. Think about what you want most in your Dr.
Carefully consider the qualities that are most important to You.
- Will do a full panel of labs
- Open to different brands, options and alternatives
- Looks at more than just bloodwork, considers symptoms and your history
- Maybe your insurance is a concern to think about
- All of the above
Step 3. Have a list of questions ready and ask them first.
Before scheduling an official appointment with any new doctor, ask questions first to determine if they fit what you are looking for! Save time and potentially money by “feeling” them out first. If you find that they are hesitant to answer your questions, that’s probably a sign that they’re not for you!
Low-Cost care & Rx info for US patients.
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance
- Find free/low cost health clinics
- Find a federally funded health center – Federally-funded health centers care for you, even if you have no health insurance. You pay what you can afford, based on your income.
- Can’t Afford Health Insurance? Here’s What To Do
- T4/T3 results range calculator – See what percentile your T4/T3 results fall into within their ranges. (note: many visitors report feeling well when they are midrange (50%) or higher.
- Thyroid Dose Change Calculator – The Dose Change calculator will help compare potential new doses with your current dose.
Thyroid Disease Information.
- National Academy of Hypothyroidism NAH is a non-profit, multidisciplinary medical society dedicated to the dissemination of new information on the diagnosis and treatment of hypothyroidism.
- Practitioners Share Their Approaches to Optimal Hypothyroidism Treatment